Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sam's Club trial membership

October 17-19 and October 24-26, you can get a 10 week Sam's Club membership for $10.

This is a good opportunity to try out the club or to join just to get some savings for Christmas.

Just be careful-I've gone into Sam's Club and CVS to check their prices and was not impressed! Maybe they will be priced great for Christmas gifts but watch out for groceries. The last time I was in a warehouse club, the only thing I found cheaper than I could get it if I waited for a sale was olive oil. But I can actually get that cheaper at Baileys.
Personal care and household cleaning can be obtained cheaper or free if you play the Walgreens game or the CVS game (go to Methods to find out how)
I have had people tell me the meat is cheaper. However, I never spend more than $2/lb for meat ($2.50 for roast). I have not seen meat at that price in the warehouse stores. The regular price may be cheaper than the regular price at the grocery stores-but those of us on a tight budget do not buy meat at the regular price.

That said, however, I will take advantage of this promo for two reasons:
1. I will be able to more accurately compare prices for this blog
2. I am hoping to get Christmas presents that will be a little more inexpensive

By the way-does anyone else remember when Sam's used to be super cheap? I remember in the early 90's when just anyone could not join. I was a union member so I had a membership-the only one was in Hammond. You could really get the deals then!! Now, I have seen some items in Sam's that were cheaper in WalMart! Ahhh, the good ole days...

No comments: