
Here is another money saver that I do on a regular basis:
Make your own salad dressing!
Making your own salad dressing has so many advantages:
1. You can make small amounts and have different varieties regularly
2. It is cheaper
3. You are not buying more plastic bottle waste
3. You are not consuming massive preservatives, msg/msg derivatives, or sweeteners
My son's favorite is the basic Italian dressing
What I do:
In a shakable container combine:
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, or balsamic vinegar)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/8 tsp ground red pepper, if desired
1/4 tsp minced garlic
Shake up and serve
I usually sub a few pinches of garlic powder for the minced garlic so that I don't have to refrigerate it. My son get upset when the olive oil hardens in the 'fridge and he has to wait for it to come to room temp.
Then, for variety, just search the net for dressing recipes-you'd be surprised how many can easily be made from scratch!
1 comment:
Here's a tightwad Tuesday for you... Amazon.com has free shipping on orders over $25 right now (on many items) AND if you apply for an Amazon.com credit card you get $30 off your order!
Post a Comment