Tuesday, January 27, 2009

When good things go bad/WalMart & WiseWay

Okay, I know that we are all out there trying to get the best deals. But there is no reason for stores to treat couponers badly-they get their money + .08 for the coupons they take! In this new economic turndown, they should realize that we will be going to the places that treat us well. Which is why I will NEVER SPEND ANOTHER PENNY AT WALMART AGAIN!!!
I went to WalMart today-which I always hate, but there were a few good deals to be had. I went to buy the Johnson & Johnson trial size first aid kits and had my internet printable for $3/2.

When I went to pay, they said that they do not take internet coupons. I calmly and politely stated that their corporate policy states that they do. The cashier calls a manager and she states that they will not take the SmartSource coupons from the internet. I ask why-after all, it is the same company that puts out the newspaper insert coupons. She said there are too many instances of fraud. I told her fine-and proceeded to explain that since Target, Walgreens and CVS take my coupons that I will shop with them from now on.
Using my coupons at a store is the same as spending my money-they get paid for them! I will NEVER allow WalMart to profit from me again!


Would you like to see WalMarts coupon policy? Here it is. It says NOTHING about SmartSource!

So, I just called the WalMart and spoke to a manager who said that there was no reason why they should not have taken my coupon and he apologized and told me I could come back in and use it. But, you know what? EVERYTIME I go into WalMart it is something. I have NEVER felt like a valuable customer there.

Now, let's talk about yesterday...
I went to WiseWay!

First, they were out of the Quaker quick oats and the instant oatmeal that I wanted.

Then, as I am getting yogurt (Finally, it is cheap enough to get some for my son, the yogurt fanatic) I notice that most of them expire either today or by Friday. There was a gentleman stocking dairy and I pointed out the close expiration dates and asked if he had any more. He very gruffly told me "No, we don't have any more Dannon yogurt." and walked away.


Okaaaay...sorry


So I am getting my eggs and I see a bunch of Yoplait cartons stacked in the cooler behind the eggs. I get curious and move over to the milk, peering behind it. What do I see? DANNON YOGURT!!! Okay, so thinking that maybe I am seeing another Dannon product, I ask this very nice gentleman next to me what he sees. He says "Looks like the yogurt you have in your basket".

That's what I thought!


I went to customer service to get rain checks for the Quaker products and I tell her about what happened.

Of course, she just looked at me like I was looney....
Ah well, I tell you, I'm starting to feel unwanted anywhere lately...LOL

Speaking of WiseWay-my bff Dawn tells me that they refused to double her $.55 Folger's coupon. They told her that they could not double coupons that came off of product packages...
Well, that's news to me! They doubled my Folgers coupon and I have doubled other package coupons before. I mean, as long as it doesn't say "Do Not Double" there shouldn't be a problem. They make you jump through hoops to get your coupons doubled anyway! First of all, you have to have their sales ad. Second, you have to have an additional $10 purchase. Third, you can only get $5 worth of savings from the doubles. I mean, what the heck?!?

Sheesh! I need to just stay home this week!

4 comments:

lperry95 said...

I live in NW Indiana. I found your blog a couple of days ago and I wanted to thank you for pointing out the Quaker sale. I at least was able to go buy my 5 boxes of Captn Crunch, Quaker Oat Squares, and my 2 bags of veggies. I did get a raincheck for the instant oatmeal. Thanks for the info.

NW Indiana Deals said...

I'm glad I could help! Welcome to my little corner of the internet...LOL

Coupon King said...

I also live in NW Indiana and constantly have problems at Wiseway. I have cashiers tell me their version of the coupon policy and it varys by person. I have developed a relationship with Sandy at their home office (customer service rep.) and she probably wishes I never got her phone number. Plus, have you ever noticed that when they advertise thru the Centrella insert that they don't put up sale signs when it's an item that they don't normally carry. They will usually get a case of the product in and when it runs low the sale sign magically disappears. The last time I ran into this was on 1/27 when they were running out of the Oscar Meyer turkey franks. The regular franks (10 pack) were gone and they still had a few bun length (8 pack) ones left but all of the sale signs were gone. I think this is frowned upon by the
BBB. I used to shop there all the time but now I only go when I can get a good deal on double coupons. And don't get me started on expiration dates. If you shop at Wiseway ALWAYS check dates on their products. I am amazed at what I find.

NW Indiana Deals said...

It's crazy-plus they are always changing their policy about taking internet coupons. I never liked to post their deals when they didn't take them. I would always qualify that we are better off not patronizing a store that isn't friendly to us!
So I'm guessing they take down the signs to prevent everyone asking for rain checks! The sign was down by the Quaker quick oats when I was there the other day too!